This training course is an excellent way to learn the basics of process instrumentation and control systems.
Upon completion of this class the student will be able to:
- Understand how most process instrumentation works
- Visually identify process instrumentation in the field
- Recognize correct installation practices
- Comprehend the advantages and disadvantages of using different types of instrument technologies
- Understand the basic maintenance needs of process instrumentation
- Interpret Piping and Instrument Details (P&ID’s)
- Know ideal control system architecture – how the instruments, PLC’s, Servers, and Clients should be connected together
- Have the ability to specify and purchase proper instrumentation
It been approved for CEU’s in the following states:
State of Washington
Department of Labor & Industries Electrical Program, Course ID #WA 2011-554, 8 CEU’s
Department of Ecology Drinking Water/Wastewater, Course ID #ECYS11-261, 0.8 CEU’s
State of Idaho
Division of Building Safety Electrical Bureau, Course ID #ID11113, 8 CEU’s
Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses, Course Ref. #WWP11093468 0.8 CEU’s
Other states can be added based on your location and needs.
Professional Engineers in similar disciplines may submit their certificate of completion to the appropriate state entity for the equivalent Professional Development Hours (PDH’s) or CEU’s.